Applications stuck at 0% installing

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
ps2g45

Applications stuck at 0% installing

Post by ps2g45 »

I recently upgraded my F4-210 to TOS 4.2.31.2203011629 (update says this is the most current version) and a bunch of issues cropped up, but the one I'm most concerned with is that applications that were previously installed are no longer installed - Plex Server, and iTunes server. Both now show in the applications window as 0% installing, and have been that way for 2 days. I restarted the box last night (had to pull the plug, restart and the power button did not work!) and the apps are still in the same state. How do I get out of this state and (re)install those apps??

TIA.

P.S. most TOS windows that I open now show internal error messages at the top of the window - see the attached screen shots...
Screen Shot Plex app install.png
Screen Shot iTunes app install.png
ps2g45

Re: Applications stuck at 0% installing

Post by ps2g45 »

Update: I was finally able to do a restart from TOS, and now have a different issue...

It appears that some apps (iTunes & PDF Reader) installed, however now ANY window I open just sits with the 3 side scrolling bars - it's been that way for about 2 hours now.
ps2g45

Post by ps2g45 »

Update #2

shortly after update #1 the NAS became unreachable - nothing was changed either on the device or in my network - after pulling the plug again, followed by a restart once it came back, I now have installed Plex and iTunes without any apparent issues. Let's see what tomorrow brings, shall we?

I have to say, this is one of the flakiest products I've ever used.
david_moody

Post by david_moody »

I have the same issue. Plex is stuck at 0%. Solutions gratefully received!
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}david_moody
What model is your device, and what is the TOS version?
You can try to restart the device and check if the volume still has enough capacity.
You can try to go to the Control Panel network and change the TNAS DNS server, for example to 8.8.8.8
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
CapCaveman

Post by CapCaveman »

I fixed the issue updating to 4.2.40. I think it was caused because I started updating an APP and I tried cancelling the update a few seconds later. I think its related when you cancel an ongoing update. Better to leave updates to finish next time.

Seems the only solution could be updating the firmware.
    graininsecure

Post by graininsecure »

CapCaveman wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 03:50
      I fixed the issue updating to 4.2.40. I think it was caused because I started updating an APP and I tried cancelling the update a few seconds later. I think its related when you cancel an ongoing update. Better to leave updates to finish next time.

Seems the only solution could be updating the firmware.
      The new version has improved quite a few problems.
      Christian Franco penalty kick online