iTunes Server

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
Arn1234

iTunes Server

Post by Arn1234 »

Hi,

is there any guideance for configuring iTunes Server, how to access it properly and how to bring my tunes (which are stored on my TerraMaster NAS) into my iTunes Mediathek without having them all on my MacBook?

Any good and detailed advice is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: iTunes Server

Post by TMSupport »

iTunes Server is a TOS application which shares the music stored in TNAS with iTunes clients on the local network.

To Use iTunes Server:

1. Install "iTunes Server" in TOS “Applications”;

2. Go to the TOS desktop and double-click the iTunes Server icon to open the application;

3. Check "Enable iTunes server";

4. Enter the "Shared Name" (i.e. name of the iTunes server displayed on the network);

5. If you want to set the access password of the iTunes server, check "Password Required" and fill in a password;

6. Set the shared directory of the iTunes Server (only the contents saved in the shared directory can be shared using the iTunes client);

7. Click "Apply".

If you want to know how to access the iTunes Server via iTunes client, please visit Apple's official website.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

If you want to know how to access the iTunes Server via iTunes client, please visit Apple's official website.
How about a link to the proper page to save everyone a little time, please?
nimbus78

Post by nimbus78 »

I am also trying to setup and use iTunes Server on a T4-210

None of this information is helpful.

Where is the literature on how to use this Application?

Specifically, how do you connect to the iTunes Server from an iPhone?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You should install iTunes Server on your iphone, and install iTunes Server on TNAS. And use iTunes Server on your phone to search the music files in TNAS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nimbus78

Post by nimbus78 »

First, there’s no such app”iTunes Server” for the iPhone or any other ios device.

Second, I don’t understand why there is no documentation about this application running on a Terra Master NAS. I can look up how to do this on a Synology or QNAP or WD nas.

Third, has anyone been able to successfully get their “iTunes Server” app running on a TNAS to stream to an iPhone or any other ios device(not a computer)?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

nimbus78 wrote: 15 May 2020, 21:06 I am also trying to setup and use iTunes Server on a T4-210

None of this information is helpful.

Where is the literature on how to use this Application?

Specifically, how do you connect to the iTunes Server from an iPhone?
Your iPhone can't be a iTunes client device, it can't get media library sharing from the iTunes server. If you only want to have your media on your iPhone, the TNAS mobile iOS app is a simple way to go.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
junkliss

Post by junkliss »

There is no doubt the terramaster documentation is horrible.
Having said that, I can access my photos, videos, and music from my iphone on LAN and WAN (public internet).
1) On TOS/Terramaster I installed DLNA media server, port 8300 I believe
2) On home router I did port forwarding for 8300 and 435 (I believe it is 435) so that smb protocol can be supported
3) On iphone I installed vlc
4) Vlc is set to point to my home router (use whatismyip from browser) to get your modem/router IP address and point to that address for VLC you just pick smb protocol with login/password you provisioned on TOS
5) Using the file app on iphone, I point to the same IP as in step 4, but I add the port forwarding from the router. I also point the file app to my router IP and 8300
6) I was playing with port 435 for other things.

The point is that I got it to work. I also installed the emby server on terramaster but I see I have to pay for the iphone app, maybe I will

regarding itunes, I don't know what port it uses, but you can research it and play the same game as above, regarding port forwarding in router and figure out which client on iphone to use. I see no need for the itunes server given what I was able to accomplish and I think the itunes server is a left over from days gone by.

I'm not sure my steps above are that clear, sorry, I didn't mean it to be a precise cookbook, just a high level overview of what I did and that works. I can answer questions, you can send me email at pedropucker@gmail.com