Applications not installing on correct volume

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
sanctimon

Applications not installing on correct volume

Post by sanctimon »

Hello,

I have three volumes, two disks on RAID0, one as a single disk and two disks on RAID1.

I went into applications, set the installation volume to Volume 3, as that is the one where I have most space.

I installed Apache, MariaDB and NextCloud. NextCloud worked fine for a day, but then I needed to make available via public IP, so I edited the nextcloud config.php.

I then restarted the TerraMaster (F5-221). When it came back on, it refused to show me the user interface with nginx bad gateway 502.

After a couple of restarts, I had to re-install TOS.

After reinstallation, I could again see my volumes. However, Volume 3, where previous applications were installed was now blank with only 16MB on.

I set it again as the application volume and attempted to reinstall my apps. However, all apps installed on Volume 1 (I could literally see the free space changing as they were installing).

I reset the applications volume back to 1 and then back to 3. Now Volume 3 is showing 700MB content.

Again I try to install the applications and again they are going back to Volume 1.

I am thinking, I want to delete Volume 3 and recreate it, but it's impossible. I delete Volume 3 and a few seconds later it comes right back up.

This TOS is a really immature piece of software!

Any help, please?
sanctimon

Re: Applications not installing on correct volume

Post by sanctimon »

I have finally managed to delete Volume 3 and recreate it.

However, it doesn't matter if I set Applications to install on Volume 3. When the application actually installs, it still installs on Volume 1.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Before reinstalling the TOS system, are the installed applications correctly stored in volume 3?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sanctimon

Post by sanctimon »

Yes, they were.

But after I reinstalled TOS they disappeared.

Now, even when I select Volume 3 for my applications, TOS installs my applications on Volume 1, no matter what I do.