RAR Utility requested

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
davidroynl

RAR Utility requested

Post by davidroynl »

I user my TNAS with Transmission and Plex, among other functions. One of my pet peeves is the unability to run RAR on the system.

To do so, one of the libraries (/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6) needs to be upgraded to version that includes CXXABI_1.3.9. The unrar binary for the ARM system is easily available, as is the library file.

I have been able to update the library, update the library links, and then run the unrar... but in doing so I know I am POSSIBLY doing something that may break something else... so I have not left my system in that position.

PLEASE... consider compiling in updated libraries and include the unrar binary in the base distro.

Then - I can write a simple script for transmission that looks for RAR files in a downloaded file package, and unrar it automatically so that PLEX can then use the media. I will happy "donate" the script and process for the community for more advanced users who may lack these scripting skills!

Thanks!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: RAR Utility requested

Post by TMroy »

Installing SABnzbd or extract the rar files by mapping your drive to your computer may be option.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
outkastm

Re: RAR Utility requested

Post by outkastm »

davidroynl wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 08:07 I user my TNAS with Transmission and Plex, among other functions. One of my pet peeves is the unability to run RAR on the system.

To do so, one of the libraries (/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6) needs to be upgraded to version that includes CXXABI_1.3.9. The unrar binary for the ARM system is easily available, as is the library file.

I have been able to update the library, update the library links, and then run the unrar... but in doing so I know I am POSSIBLY doing something that may break something else... so I have not left my system in that position.

PLEASE... consider compiling in updated libraries and include the unrar binary in the base distro.

Then - I can write a simple script for transmission that looks for RAR files in a downloaded file package, and unrar it automatically so that PLEX can then use the media. I will happy "donate" the script and process for the community for more advanced users who may lack these scripting skills!

Thanks!
Which NAS do you have, arm or x86?