Centralized Backup

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
titanrx8

Re: Centralized Backup

Post by titanrx8 »

How much longer will Centralized Backup be in Beta? Would like to see a supported release ASAP.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

titanrx8 wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 00:41 How much longer will Centralized Backup be in Beta? Would like to see a supported release ASAP.
do you have any issues with the Beta version?
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Hardfecx wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 01:50
titanrx8 wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 00:41 How much longer will Centralized Backup be in Beta? Would like to see a supported release ASAP.
I try not to use beta software at all. There's not a lot of users for centralized backup so little discussion is available to see what to look out for. I've already been burned once by another backup that didn't produce usable backup files so now I manually copy what I need which of course might miss a day here and there.

Are you using it?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

titanrx8 wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 04:45
I try not to use beta software at all. There's not a lot of users for centralized backup so little discussion is available to see what to look out for. I've already been burned once by another backup that didn't produce usable backup files so now I manually copy what I need which of course might miss a day here and there.

Are you using it?
no, I just use Jdownloader and USB Backup on my Nas and only for Films, Smartphone Backups, Photos what I copy manually on my F4-210 with Raid5 (4X8tb).
But for my Computer Backups I do manually complete Images with Acronis True Image witch i can restore via the acronis boot Usbstick and restore the image (in case) over my network, witch works fine for me. With that Software you can even create incremental Images, just for info.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Hardfecx wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 05:53
titanrx8 wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 04:45

Are you using it?
no, I just use Jdownloader and USB Backup on my Nas and only for Films, Smartphone Backups, Photos what I copy manually on my F4-210 with Raid5 (4X8tb).
But for my Computer Backups I do manually complete Images with Acronis True Image witch i can restore via the acronis boot Usbstick and restore the image (in case) over my network, witch works fine for me. With that Software you can even create incremental Images, just for info.
I might bite the bullet and buy a full featured backup too.

First Win10 disapproved of making image backups to btrfs encrypted folders, then it stopped working with btrfs destination even unencrypted so I tried ext4 which works, it just doesn't reliably follow the schedule. I was spoiled by my WinNT server that woke all the PCs every night and pulled complete backups monthly and incrementals daily. I prefer when the server is the initiator, the PC users can change settings which makes pushed backups less desirable.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

@titanrx8

By the way what make me a bit confused is that I copied one an complete image to an USB Stick from the TNAAS to restore a pc but the image was ever corrupted. I tried another USB stick, a SSD...ever the same issue. Image corrupted.

Then I loaded the image via my network to the computer (booted with acronis image boot ddisk) and everything wokred fine.
I have no cryption on my Nas, so I dont understand why the image was corrupted and worked after...
fac

Post by fac »

Yes, I have an issue. I used this beta version with my old PC, and now it's unworking, than offline. Now I have one new LAPTOP to mange, but unfortunately I cannot remove old registered backup target on Centralized backup database if they are offline. Can I find a way to cancel old PC on shown targets? Thanks for the reply.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

fac wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 18:48
Yes, I have an issue. I used this beta version with my old PC, and now it's unworking, than offline. Now I have one new LAPTOP to mange, but unfortunately I cannot remove old registered backup target on Centralized backup database if they are offline. Can I find a way to cancel old PC on shown targets? Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll continue to wait for the official release before I give it a try.