Tomcat Server Configuration

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
jes154907

Tomcat Server Configuration

Post by jes154907 »

I am having a problem with Configuring Apache Tomcat ver 1.3 on a F4-210.

The Application has only 2 options for configuring the Web root directory (public or appdata). I want to configure the Web root directory to "public/Java". This allows me to have other applications in the public directory such as Plex while keeping the applications from interfering with one another.

I can log into the F4-210 and edit the server.xml file in "/mnt/md0/application/apache-tomcat-9.0.0.M15/conf", but when the Tomcat server is re-started, the Apache Tomcat application manager will default back to configuring the Web root directory to "appdata" in the server.xml file.

I can change the server.xml file to automatically unpack my "war" files in /mnt/public/Java, but because my "docBase" keeps being configured to /mnt/public with the Tomcat application manager, my server is having problems running my applications.

Can the Tomcat Application Manager allow me to restart Tomcat without re-configuring the <Context docBase ... > parameter in the server.xml file.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Tomcat Server Configuration

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for your feedback. It will be reported to the related department, and they will discuss and consider whether it should be modified.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jes154907

Re: Tomcat Server Configuration

Post by jes154907 »

I installed the Docker application, added and configured a tomcat image and it is working.... It may be a little more resource intensive, but we'll see.