Your system has been updated. The application must be updated to run on the new system.

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
bradley_nigel

Your system has been updated. The application must be updated to run on the new system.

Post by bradley_nigel »

I have recently updated from 3.1.15 through 4.0.9 to 4.1.30. As I understand it, I need to reinstall applications, however when I try to do this, I just get “Your system has been updated. The application must be updated to run on the new system.”.

For example Clam AV, I tried to update, still got the message, I then uninstalled the app and installed it again, but I still get the same message. I’ve tried restarting. No matter what I do, I just get a rolling “ Your system has been updated. The application must be updated to run on the new system.” message and cannot get rid of it. Help!

Also in the Applications centre, I do not see the text editor to install. It almost looks like the applications centre may be showing old applications and not the latest and greatest I need for 4.1.30.

Is there a way to manually install the applications.

Thanks.
bradley_nigel

Re: Your system has been updated. The application must be updated to run on the new system.

Post by bradley_nigel »

FYI, I went through all my apps, they all say the same, I’ve tried to update three of them, and they all did the same, the installation was successful, yet when I try to start the app, I get the message that the app needs to be updated. I looked at Clam AV, and it is version 0.102.3, is that the latest one?

This is really frustrating!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Your system has been updated. The application must be updated to run on the new system.

Post by TMSupport »

Please send an email to support team support(at)terra-master.com, and we will help you with remote session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bradley_nigel

Post by bradley_nigel »

In case anyone else encounters this, for me it eventually resolved itself. I left my TNAS off for a couple of days, then turned it on, and the issue had gone. No idea why because I had done several power cycles previously but those did not resolve the issue. Maybe it was an issue with the apps server, I’ll probably never know. But it’s fixed so happy days.

I was left with a spurious couple of empty desktop icons, but an ftp into admin/desktop and deletion of the associated files sorted that out.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Thank you for the sharing.
Do feel free to contact us if any issues.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @