D2-310 Unable to save data on Mac OS but will save on Windows

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
rchelpka

D2-310 Unable to save data on Mac OS but will save on Windows

Post by rchelpka »

I have a D2-310 Enclosure with 2 8TB WD Gold Drives formatted exFAT and configured in RAID 0. I use the enclosure on both Mac OS and Windows platforms. I recently had an error while attempting to save a file in Photoshop on the Mac OS. Photoshop froze and I had to force quit the application and reboot the Mac.

Upon reboot, I received a message saying that Mac OS could not repair the drive and that I should backup my files and reformat the drive(s). I was able to open, read, and even modify files but was not allowed to save any changes to the files. I attempted to use the D2-310 on another Mac system and received the same behavior. I also attempted to use the two drives independent of each other outside the Terra master using a simple USB dock and received the same behavior.

I attached the D2-310 to my with both drives reinstalled to my Windows PC and everything booted up perfectly. I received no error messages, and I was able to open, read, modify, and save files without issue using Windows.

Does anyone have any idea why the drive will not work properly any longer with Mac OS? Is there a Mac OS sector somewhere on the drives that I can repair with some third party application? Otherwise, my only option will be to purchase a 3rd 8TB drive and spend hours copying over 7TB worth of data to it, then reformat both the 8TB drives and setting them up in the D2-310 and spend hours copying all the data back to them. Any help would be appreciated!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D2-310 Unable to save data on Mac OS but will save on Windows

Post by TMroy »

Just after Mac os updated to latest 64 bites system, the exFat created on Windows no more compatible with the new Mac. You may need to reformat your drives on Mac to make it compatible on both systems.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)