Read RAID disk

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
kevinbuckley70

Read RAID disk

Post by kevinbuckley70 »

I have a two bay and a five bay TerraMaster USB RAID. Both have just two 10Tb disks fitted in RAID1.

Last week the house was struck by lightning and I am working my way through all the damaged tech.

The two bay drive is OK. If I plug it into my laptop it is recognised and I can see the directory structure (although I haven't yet run a checkdisk on it).

The five bay drive shows two green lights but cannot be seen by a PC (I'm connecting to a different laptop unconnected with the strike).

My question is: can the individual drives be removed and read by simply connecting them to a SATA dock?

Or does the RAID drive configure/format them in some special way which means they can only be read by the TerraMaster?

Any help appreciated!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Read RAID disk

Post by TMroy »

Normally an USB-SATA enclosure or docking can read data from a raid 1 hard drive. But I am not 100% sure, there are so many sellers on the market.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

You will need some software that can read the file configuration i had something similar when i first got my TNAS but caused by the TNAS and i did find some free software the will read the disks from a caddy and managed to recover most of my photo's and some files but to get everything recovered you will have to pay for some software here is a link to the free stuff.

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
kevinbuckley70

Post by kevinbuckley70 »

Thanks I'll look at that.