D2-310 hard drives always go to sleep immediately

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
trang.vu

D2-310 hard drives always go to sleep immediately

Post by trang.vu »

I've set up my TerraStation D2-310 withi two 8tb hard drives in raid-1.
I find that the hard drives spin down and go to sleep immediately.
On access, the drives spin up, and then, the drives spin down and go to sleep about 1 second after access.

As per the user guide, the drives will spin down after 30 minutes of inactivity, but for me, they spin down after less than 1 second.
I tried to find power-management attributes in the drive mounted in Windows 10, but so far I couldn't find any way to adjust the sleep time.

This is getting pretty annoying, because any time Io try to access the drive, it takes time to spin up.
As of now, you could describe me as an "unhappy customer" ready to seek out a more workable solution.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D2-310 hard drives always go to sleep immediately

Post by TMroy »

D2-310 go to sleep only when your computer get in hibernation, the device does not control drive spin down separately. You need to check your computer settings, or your drive firmware, that may be your drive default settings.

By the way, when you talking drive sleep, is the drive indicator still on or it off?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)