What do the led lights mean

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
rafikiphoto

Re: What do the led lights mean

Post by rafikiphoto »

It's still flashing even now. They are both Western Digital Reds.
phasm

Post by phasm »

Hello I have the same problem !
I am using d3-310 and I have used two WD Red 2TB before ( in Raid1 )and everything was fine before.
Then I have bought two WD Red 8TB. Everything was also fine at the beginning, I have successfully build a raid 1 and I have transferred some data from my computer since I have received my new hard drives.
About 8 hours later, the HDD 1 light turns orange and the HDD 2 light stays green. They are both flashing all the time. And the whole storage works all the time ( I can hear it is working/turning ) . Till now it has already worked about 5 hours
Though I can still visit my data in this storage but I don’t know if it is normal because it turns all the time ! And it has never happened to my old drives.
Is there any way that I can stop that ? Or I have to wait it until it is over ? And like said you have answered before, why it builds a raid 1 after so many hours instead of the moment I connected it to my computer
rafikiphoto

Post by rafikiphoto »

My 10TB pair eventually stabilised to green. It takes a very long time to synchronise.
phasm

Post by phasm »

[at=rafikiphoto post_id=8350 time=1613025657 user_id=3060][/at]
hello !
when the light is flashing can you still visit the storage or not :(
i have the same situation like you but i cant visit my storage anymore after the night
Thanks your answer !
rafikiphoto

Post by rafikiphoto »

It is storage I don't access daily so I can't be sure but I do think I accessed it during the synch.
phasm

Post by phasm »

[at=rafikiphoto post_id=8355 time=1613036463 user_id=3060][/at]
ok :( then i have to wait until it is finished

Return to “USB Series”