What do the led lights mean

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
Briananderson

What do the led lights mean

Post by Briananderson »

Bought and set up a d2 310 today and it seems to be working but I can’t find and details anywhere about what the led lights mean...... fir that matted I can’t find an instruction manual!

What on Earth do the lights mean........currently hdd 1 is flashing orange and hdd 2 is flashing green

What on EARTH dies this mean?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: What do the led lights mean

Post by TMroy »

Hi Briananderson,
The indicators show that you are building a new RAID 1 disk array, and your RAID 1 is doing synchronization.

When you firstly installed your D2-310, the first step of "Installation Guide" http://start.terra-master.com, you downloaded a user manual.
manual.png
The indicators features have been well descriped on the manual. I guess you missed it.
indicator.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Briananderson

Post by Briananderson »

I am beginning to lose the most important thing in data....,. TRUST. I left it on all night and still the lights are blinking. I reformatted and set again to safe mode. I put one small file on. No Problem. I took HDD1 out to test hot swapping and data on disc 2 is fine. I put D1 back in and both lights are flashing. I took D2 out and Mac says disc not ejected properly Red is flashing on D2 and D1 is green but has not mounted

I assume the unit is faulty
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Important! D2-310 does not support hot swap, you have to eject the device from your computer and shut it down before you remove a drive from the device.
did you set a RAID 1 for your device? what is your drive capacity? and what is the drive model?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Briananderson

Post by Briananderson »

goodness..... Its set to Raid 1 and I have 2 * 8 GB Toshiba MG Series Enterprise7200rpm
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry, you didn’t know it set to RAID 1? Who did that for you?
Briananderson

Post by Briananderson »

From the start I set it to raid 1........ fingers crossed it seems to be working now but why I did NOT knows that drives are not hot swappable.... And... it comes with a USB 3 to USC c cable which Im using but surely USB C on both ends would be faster?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The controller is usb 3.0, plug on cable does not a matter about speed. A statement is missing on previous documentation, we are going to release new version to make it clear.
rafikiphoto

Post by rafikiphoto »

I have a similar situation on a similar setup except I have 2 x 10 TB discs. One orange light and one green light have been flashing for about 20 hours now. Is that normal?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rafikiphoto
Hello,
Is it still flashing now?
Generally speaking, this is normal. When you use two 10T to create Raid 1, you need to synchronize the 10T hard disk. The synchronization time depends on the read and write speed of the two hard disks and the bus bandwidth of the product of this model.

E.g:
Seagate 12TB NAS Red Disk
Cloning completion time 17 hours
12TB=120000MB
17 hours = 61200 seconds 1 hour = 3600 seconds
Hard disk capacity 12TB=120000MB/17 hours/3600 seconds=196MB/S

Normal: Samsung 750 EVO SSD 120GB
Cloning completion time 14 minutes 32 seconds
120GB
14 minutes and 32 seconds = 872 seconds
Hard disk capacity 1200MB/0.14 minutes 32 seconds/3600 seconds=232MB/S
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)