D5-300 Does Not Recognize The WD Red Pro 20TB HDD

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
paulg

D5-300 Does Not Recognize The WD Red Pro 20TB HDD

Post by paulg »

I recently purchased the D5-300. I also purchased two WD Red Pro 20tb HDDs (I've confirmed that these drives are compatible with the D5-300 and yes, they were brand new right from WD and no, they did not and do not have any data on them nor were they installed in anything other than the external HDD reader for initialization and formatting). I'm running this on a Windows 11 Pro OS (yes, it is up to date and yes Windows Defender is turned off - I use McAfee for virus and firewall management).

I initialized and formatted the WD drives in an external HDD reader (as they did not present themselves initially in the D5-300 right out of their packaging - only got steady orange lights and continuous beeping) and inserted them into the D5-300. Windows explorer does not see these drives. The D5-300 Raid Manager does not see these drives. I get continuous beeping and steady orange lights on the display of the D5-300 (bays 1 and 2). I have mounted both of the WD Red Pro 20tb HDDs in an external HDD reader and Windows explorer sees both at max capacity with absolutely no issues. What gives?

As an experiment I placed a WD Green 1tb HD into the third bay of the D5-300 alongside the two WD Red Pro 20tb HDDs in bays one and two. Windows explorer sees the WD Green drive with no issue. The D5-300 Raid Manager sees all three drives (still with continuous beeping and solid orange lights) for both of the WD Red Pro 20tb HDDs but will not allow me to select anything other than JBOD and then only for the WD Green 1tb HDD. In this instance only the WD Green 1tb HDD is seen in Windows explorer - not the two WD Red Pro 1tb HDDs.

Very frustrating. Please advise on a solution. Thanks.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300 Does Not Recognize The WD Red Pro 20TB HDD

Post by TMzethar »

Hello, please enter the setting item in the RAID Manager application of D5-300 and tell us what the current firmware version of D5-300 is.
To obtain the firmware version of D5-300, you must install a 1TB HDD that can be recognized normally to recognize the version number.
Please provide us with a screenshot. grateful!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mfuentes

Post by mfuentes »

Hi, Sorry to interrupt, but I have the exact same problem with WD 20TB Ultrastar disks. Previously I had 18TB WD with no problem whatsoever. But these 20TB models work perfectly just NOT in this RAID Box (beeping immediately). My firmare is V.0967-901 but cant find any newer (Manager updated to 2.1.9)

If you need any further info please ask me,

Regards
Manuel F.
mfuentes

Post by mfuentes »

I forgot the screenshot
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-01 105714.png
Screenshot 2023-06-01 105714.png (13.57 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Please download the upgrade tutorial and upgrade the firmware according to the instructions.(Only for your version. Will sent to you privately.)
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMzethar
Is there an update required for the D5-300C or any of the TDAS 310 series for the same 20 TB support?
GymCrashers

Post by GymCrashers »

I can't upgrade my firmware.
D5 300 firmware error.jpg
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}GymCrashers
The firmware provided above may not be suitable for you, I have removed it.
Does your device still detect the hard drive?