D5-300 is glacially slow

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
ezplanet

Re: D5-300 is glacially slow

Post by ezplanet »

TMroy wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 09:31 If you are sure you got a wrong delivery, please contact the service team for after sales service. Just find the email address from my signature.
To clarify, it was not a wrong delivery, but a wrong purchase, when purchased the two models are indistinguishable if not for the "C", that at the time did not seem to have any importance.

As I know now, the difference instead is significant.
ezplanet

Post by ezplanet »

I wish TerraMaster were more helpful.
Despite the name, it is a Chinese company, isn't it?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

If you are sure you followed all steps in the troubleshooting guide and the issue still persist, then you can contact the service team for warranty service.
12MB/s is far away from the normal speed value.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ambermelody

Post by ambermelody »

Hi!

I just joined the forum because I am having this problem too - my D5-300C suddenly becoming super-slow and occasionally almost non responsive.

I have had this device set up for approx 1 year with no problems until now. I am on a 2017 imac running Ventura 13.4. Also of note - it is my first major external drive set up and I am not very well educated on the tech aspects of the setup - other than when I set it up it worked well and now it's crazy slow. If someone could please help me step-by-step with some possible solutions I'd be really grateful :)

Thank you.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please follow the guidelines to troubleshoot if there is any hardware failure.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=448
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ambermelody

Post by ambermelody »

Thanks @TMroy

I read the link and don't suspect any hardware failures. Plus I have not changed cords etc.
What else might you suggest?

Kindest, Amber
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

According to a large number of cases in our service, the reasons for slow speed are basically the points mentioned in the article.
MuadDieb

Post by MuadDieb »

I should have checked this form before purchasing this atrocious product (AS NEW) from B&H Photo a few months ago.

I can't even get 10mb/sec transfer speed. The irony is I bought a single drive external USB Seagate rescue drive to copy my data from this, plugged into the same USB controller and I get consistent 300mb/sec speed... this product is pure trash and I am going to go on a crusade to make sure Terra Master is synonymous with fraud and garbage. It is $250 thrown down the drain.

I did everything recommended in the "support" without having to read it. Replaced controller, cables, drives, rebuilt RAID, nothing helps this piece of trash.
gustafsson
Iceland

Post by gustafsson »

My D5-300 is connected to a Mac Pro running OS12. I am copying large files. I am using industrial server grade drives in Raid 5 configuration. I get less than 18 gb/s read and write speeds. There is something very wrong there.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

This is not the normal performance of the device. If you find that the speed is incorrect, please carefully follow the operating instructions for troubleshooting.
Another possibility is that if you accidentally remove a disk from the RAID and insert it again, the RAID needs to be synchronized, which will occupy most of the read and write capacity of the hard drive. When the RAID synchronizes, you can see the hard drive light flashing orange.
If you have not yet determined the cause of the problem, you can contact technical support via email or the customer service window on the official website. After confirming the issue, we can replace the device for you.
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)