RAID Manager cannot recognize the hard drive?

FAQs and instructions only for USB series raid storage
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

RAID Manager cannot recognize the hard drive?

Post by TMroy »

Troubleshooting

Applicable models:
TerraMaster D5-300

RAID Manager is a configuration tool for the hardware array controller of TerraMaster USB storage device. If you want to create a hardware array, you need to install RAID Manager on your computer. If you install a hard drive with data and want to use SINGLE mode, you can simply start using your device without changing any settings

If you have installed hard drives into TerraMaster D5-300, but RAID Manager cannot recognize the hard drives, please try following solutions:

1. Windows Defender is likely to have blocked RAID Manager. Therefore, go to Windows Defender’s settings, and unblock RAID Manager.
2. Your hard drive may have been used on other devices. Please format the hard drive and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jamesrichphoto

Re: RAID Manager cannot recognize the hard drive?

Post by jamesrichphoto »

Hi there,

I've had this issue and I've formatted my drives but RAID manager is still not recognizing my drives. Is there anything else you can suggest?
jamesrichphoto

Post by jamesrichphoto »

I got an email from the support team and they sent me this download link for the correct software- https://download2.terra-master.com/Terr ... or_Mac.zip. This sorted out the problem.
PatyrickKilborn

Post by PatyrickKilborn »

Same problem "No disks or RAID!"

Raid installed and is running, all is well, however one of the disks is making noise so I want to check it's health, but the TerraMaster HW RAID manager is telling there is "No disks or RAID!"

I downloaded the the raid software from the link above but still "No disks or RAID!"

HELP!

TerraMaster D5-300

Mac OS Catalina
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Could be your drive totally dead! it lost connection from your device. Try to shut down your device, remove the dead drive, restart it and try again. You may need to replace the bad drive with a good one and rebuild your raid.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
PatyrickKilborn

Its a 5 drive array, I can see it on the desktop and load files to it. TimeMachine is accessing it with no problem. The problem is TerraMaster's RAID Manager app cannot see it. So I'm trying to figure out how I can monitor the hard drive's.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

So, you said that the device actually working well, just the RAID manager was failed to detect it?
PatyrickKilborn

Exactly!
Is there a new version of the software coming out soon? or Can the software still read the drives if they are being used by TimeMachine?
DWalla

Post by DWalla »

I'm having the identical problem with the D5-300... the RAID is totally functioning normally, but the RAID manager says "No disks or RAID!"

This is really stressing me out because I have critical data on these drives.

TERRAMASTER! WHERE IS AN ANSWER TO THIS CRITICAL ERROR?

I'm using an iMac using USB-C on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

DWalla wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 12:20 I'm having the identical problem with the D5-300... the RAID is totally functioning normally, but the RAID manager says "No disks or RAID!"

This is really stressing me out because I have critical data on these drives.

TERRAMASTER! WHERE IS AN ANSWER TO THIS CRITICAL ERROR?

I'm using an iMac using USB-C on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
It seems that the device does not recognize the hard disk, please try to change a COMPUTER's USB port or computer.
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)