D4-300, unusable speeds

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
Flevans

D4-300, unusable speeds

Post by Flevans »

Hi all

I have recently set up a D4-300 as I have moved from an old mac pro with several internal drives to a mac studio.

My TM D4-300 has 3 SSD drives in it, all correctly formatted. I cannot get more than 30 MBPs read or write on any of the disks. I have tried several different cables including the one that came with the unit, and no improvements.

I have scoured the forum and seen the standard troubleshooting advice, but have found nothing else which gives me any hope that I can sort this problem.

Please help!

Thanks,

F
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D4-300, unusable speeds

Post by TMroy »

Please check if your drive on your computer working at normal speed. or you can try it on another computer.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Flevans

Post by Flevans »

Hi

Sorry I'm unclear as to what you mean.

The D4-300 has 3 separate ssds inside, all write / read at less than 30mb/s

My computers internal SSD is running super fast as expected.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

It is very possible the issue is related to your SSD from your old mac pro. if you have another drive you can use another drive to test again, or you can reformat one of your SSD and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Flevans

Post by Flevans »

I have 3 SSDs, 2 new, all correctly formatted.

I don't believe it's an issue with the SSDs!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Flevans
This is the experience we have from almost 10 years of customer service. Try to troubleshoot as the instruction one by one. viewtopic.php?f=86&t=448&p=1785#p1785 Before you do that, update the USB driver of your computer first.
Flevans

Post by Flevans »

With the greatest of repeat, your responses have not really been very helpful.

As per my original post, I have tried all of the original troubleshooting steps. The 3 SSD drives in the Terrabyte are all new and correctly formatted. I am using the correct high speed cable and I still get unacceptably slow read and write speeds on all drives.

Please can you offer any other advice or do I need to return the unit?

Thankyou
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Repeat, and once again, what kind of computer do you use? did you try to update the USB driver of your computer? Did you try it on a different computer?
If your speed keeps stable at 30MB, this is not a symptom like hardware failure. If there is a hardware failure, the symptom will be a high speed and drop to very low speed like 1MB, again and again, or even interrupted.

If you like you can contact our service team to ask for a new replacement, I believe the service team will try to replace it with a new device. But from my point of view, it is not a hardware failure.

You can find our service team email from my signature, and send them this post link in your email.