D2-310 stuck during recovery

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
remyavagi

D2-310 stuck during recovery

Post by remyavagi »

New owner of D2-310. Running on Mac. Before fully committing, wanted to test the Raid 1 functionality. 2 drives ( 2tb each) in , loaded about 100GB of data. Removed drive 1, popped new drive in. Unit kicked into the recovery mode ( green and orange blinking ) 24 hrs later, still same. I did full reset, repeated same with a new drive- same result. What am I doing wrong? Appreciate any help. If I cant figure out , I'll have to return it back.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D2-310 stuck during recovery

Post by TMSupport »

Synchronization in RAID1 mode calculates the synchronization time according to the total capacity of the hard disk, not according to the size of the stored data.
2TB capacity synchronization takes about 4 hours to complete.

During synchronization, the synchronized disk will display orange, the reading disk will display green. After the synchronization is completed, the LED will display green.

Synchronization failure may be as follows.
1. If the capacity and brand of the RAID1 hard drives do not match, synchronization will fail.
2. The D2-310 hardware RAID mode is not in RAID1 state.

If you want to simulate the RAID1 synchronization function, it is recommended that you switch the D2-310 to RAID1 mode, assuming that a hard disk is pulled out as a damage during use, and a new hard disk is added again for synchronization.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)