resilvering require raidmanager?

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
fhlipZero

resilvering require raidmanager?

Post by fhlipZero »

Just checking if anyone knows if the raid manager app is required for a raid array to be rebuilt? I setup the array on a 10.12 machine and have been using it on a monterey mac pro which the beta hwraidmanager seems to have issues with still, so i have no way of seeing the rebuild status while it’s working right now
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: resilvering require raidmanager?

Post by TMSupport »

Is your model D5-300? Does Raid manager recognize the hard drive? Just can't see the progress of the rebuild?
Please provide some screenshots.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fhlipZero

Post by fhlipZero »

TMSupport wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 18:20 Is your model D5-300? Does Raid manager recognize the hard drive? Just can't see the progress of the rebuild?
Please provide some screenshots.
correct it is a d5-300
it does recognize the drive and the rebuild was in progress when connected to the old macbook that is able to run raidmanger. Can the DAS rebuild the array on its own or is the raidmanager software required for it to rebuild?
fhlipZero

Post by fhlipZero »

scratch this actually. got my answer. i unmounted the drives without shutting off the bay and connected it back to the older machine and the progress was up to 60% so looks like i’m good