D2-310 Does mount during a clean boot

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
bentwookie

D2-310 Does mount during a clean boot

Post by bentwookie »

I have a D2-310 with two 10TB drives in a Raid 0 configuration with an NTFS partition on a Windows 10 box running 21H2.

When I power up the Windows 10 box and Raid up from scratch, the drive doesn't mount. I have to unplug and replug the USB C cable before it will mount as a D drive.

I use this for security system footage, and not being able to correctly handle coming up from scratch without human intervention in the case of a power outage (and return) is a real problem.

What can I do to get this thing to just mount on a clean boot?
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: D2-310 Does mount during a clean boot

Post by TMnorah »

Hello,

It is recommended that you download the correct USB driver to your computer and install it. Or try another computer, because this problem should be caused by an incorrect USB driver.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bentwookie

Post by bentwookie »

What drivers would those be? I don't see anything in the Downloads section of the Support pages.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please update the USB driver for your computer, not your DAS enclosure.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bentwookie

Post by bentwookie »

WHICH DRIVER ON MY COMPUTER?!

I'm so $@^! sick of these "support" forums staffed by people who know next to nothing about their own product. Why even have these forums? They're just a waste of everybody's time.

I've changed my review on Amazon from 5 stars to 1 and noted how unstable the enclosure is and to expect poor support.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You need to download the USB driver from the computer's official website.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

bentwookie wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 02:43 WHICH DRIVER ON MY COMPUTER?!

I'm so $@^! sick of these "support" forums staffed by people who know next to nothing about their own product. Why even have these forums? They're just a waste of everybody's time.

I've changed my review on Amazon from 5 stars to 1 and noted how unstable the enclosure is and to expect poor support.
We have served a large number of similar cases and have ample experience. This problem can be solved as long as you update the driver of your computer's motherboard's USB interface. For example, if you are using a Dell computer, just go to the Dell website, find your computer model number, download the monther board hardware driver or USB driver, and install it. You will be happy with that.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)