D5-300 2 Questions - 1. RAID5 - 2. Power Cut/Loss

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
vivificus

D5-300 2 Questions - 1. RAID5 - 2. Power Cut/Loss

Post by vivificus »

I'm thinking of getting a D5-300 but have a couple of questions I hope someone might be able to help with.

1. I'm assuming the answer is yes but just to check, if I set up the D5-300 as RAID5 using the TerraMaster software in Windows will it show up when connected to another none Windows/Mac device like my QNAP NAS and be able to swap it back and forth between systems?

2. I will probably power it through my UPS but if I have a power cut/loss when I'm not around does the D5-300 have any ability to protect itself or is it best to only use it when I would be able to switch it off manually before the UPS runs out of power?

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D5-300 2 Questions - 1. RAID5 - 2. Power Cut/Loss

Post by TMroy »

Answer for question 1: Yes, as D5-300 using a hardware raid, so as soon as the raid configuration complete, you can use it on other computer or device. But please make sure your computer can recognize the file system you made for your D5-300.

Answer for question 2: D5-300 is not able to switch it off by itself after the power outage even you connect it to a UPS, you need to switch it off manually.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
vivificus

Re: D5-300 2 Questions - 1. RAID5 - 2. Power Cut/Loss

Post by vivificus »

Thanks for the info TMroy