SUDDENLY UNABLE TO WRITE DATA TO D2-310

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
rchelpka

SUDDENLY UNABLE TO WRITE DATA TO D2-310

Post by rchelpka »

I recently purchased and installed two new hard drives into my D2-310. I set the drives to RAID1 and formatted them to APFS on my MacBook Pro running OS Big Sur 11.4. I was able to work perfectly with the new drives for several months until a day ago, when I was suddenly unable to save any new data to the drives. The indicator lights are now no longer solid green and are flashing rapidly as amber on drive 1 and green on drive 2. I now receive the following error when I try to save any data to the drives: "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code - 100092)." Somehow, it believes I have no permission on the drives which is clearly not the case in all permission settings. I am able to view and manipulate all data but cannot save any of the changes unless I perform a Save As onto the local Mac SSD. I've tried a number of things recommended including changing permissions, clearing cache folders, etc., all to no avail. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may have occurred or how I might be able to remedy the situation?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: SUDDENLY UNABLE TO WRITE DATA TO D2-310

Post by TMSupport »

Please remove the faulty hard disk first to ensure that the good hard disk can read/write data normally, and then add another good hard disk for RAID1 synchronization. Note that the new hard disk added must be of the same brand and capacity.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rchelpka

Post by rchelpka »

@TMSupport: Thank you for the suggestion, I did remove the "faulty" disk and attempted to write data to the good disk alone and was still not able to save data. I returned the supposed "faulty" disk and left the D2-310 sitting powered on an idle and eventually both drive indicator lights returned to solid green. I then attempted to write data and was still unsuccessful. Any other thoughts?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The file system of the hard disk partition may be damaged. It is recommended to check the hard disk with third-party software first.
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1125
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)