D5-300C Drive Bay 5 has failed

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
snapperheadjoeTM

D5-300C Drive Bay 5 has failed

Post by snapperheadjoeTM »

The 5th drive bay is no longer working. Any drive inserted into bay 5 is not recognized or mounted. I can insert the same harddrive into any other bay in the DAS and it works normally. I can also insert the same drive into other USB docks and it also works. I need to have this device replaced under warranty as I purchased it March 21, 2021

I sent an email to Support for an RMA and they said "Please contact the online shopping platform directly for after-sales replacement.". The DAS was purchased form Amazon from Terramaster, which was the seller. Amazon only accepts returns within 30 days of purchase. Terramaster provides a 12 month warranty for the device so I need to have someone from the TerraMaster Support RMA team to process this an replace my failed DAS. I have replied to the Support team via email and like usual they are just ignoring me. I suspect they are just delaying to ride out the clock to 12 months and then tell me my device is out of warranty support!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300C Drive Bay 5 has failed

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, please contact our service team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
snapperheadjoeTM

Post by snapperheadjoeTM »

Please share with me how I can do that I have already tried to contact the support team and they stated what I put in my post above. Do I need to call a specific phone number or use a specific email address to email them on? TerraMaster website isn't particularly helpful when it comes to returning things or contacting support.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! You can see the email of the service team in my signature, just send them an email.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)