D5-300C: drives not coming up after power down

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
palmerston

D5-300C: drives not coming up after power down

Post by palmerston »

Good day,

I purchased a D5-300C through Amazon last month. I set it up with five identical 1TB Western Digital hard drives, two of which in RAID 1. Four volumes show up in Windows 7 once connected via USB, I format them in NTFS, start using the non-RAID ones, all good.

A few days later I go on vacation, so I power everything down (gracefully, by shutting down the OS that was mounting the drives first and the DAS next). Two weeks later I return, switch the power on, turn on both the DAS and the system it is attached to.

None of the volumes ever come up.

I try switching to another machine and multiple OSs (Mac OS X, Linux), turning on and off the DAS several times, the Reset switch... I even switch back the two volumes to SINGLE then to RAID 0 and back to RAID 1 (those two are empty anyway), pressing the Reset switch everytime. Nothing changes, except that the first couple of times all the drive lights were fixed green, now they are all constantly switched off and only the power LED is on.

The drives themselves are healthy: I removed the non-RAID ones and attached them to a desktop machine via SATA and they come up fine.

How can I diagnose the problem further?

Many Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300C: drives not coming up after power down

Post by TMSupport »

As for the issue of D5-300C, please see the following:
1. please make sure that the original TerraMaster power supply is used, please connect it to your PC directly using the original USB cable, not through other USB adapter.
2. please connect your DAS to your computer and and reboot it without any HDDs inserted, please check whether the LED indicator of HDDs could be lit up. Also please right click at This PC- Manage - Disk Management to check whether there is a blank drive prompted.
You can also contact us at support(a)terra-master.com .
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)