D5-300 Blinking orange/green light

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
Blasttmann

D5-300 Blinking orange/green light

Post by Blasttmann »

I've run the app SoftRAID to review every sector of my RAID configuration, and I've run the Mac Disk Utility First Aid on the array, and everything comes up good. However, one of my lights is flashing orange/green, which is a bad sign. The drives are almost brand new, so it's a bit surprising.

I think that I need to worry that my blinking drive is about to fail. Is there anything I can do to determine why the light is blinking orange or to fix the issue?

Thanks very much!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300 Blinking orange/green light

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Orange means that the HDD is faulty, please troubleshoot. In addition, D5-300 itself has hardware RAID, it is recommended that you do not use third-party RAID software.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Blasttmann

Post by Blasttmann »

Thank you. I can't get your software to run on my 16" M1 Mac. I will try again, but it keeps crashing.
Blasttmann

Post by Blasttmann »

Yes, RAID Manager crashes instantly, every time I open it.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Can you send us a screenshot of the error?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Blasttmann

Post by Blasttmann »

I could also upload the crash report, but it's too big for this post and I'm not allowed to upload text files.

Here is the full crash report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/th8l2grayraeb ... t.txt?dl=0
Attachments
Screenshot of crash report
Screenshot of crash report
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hello,
The first thing to tell you is Mac OS Monterey _12.X, RAID Manager is under maintenance.In addition, the orange light on your device may indicate that the RAID mode is synchronizing the failed HDD.It is recommended that you use the RAID Manager in Mac OS 11.X or 10.X_OS to confirm whether there is a faulty HDD. If so, please replace the damaged HDD in time.
Blasttmann

Post by Blasttmann »

Great, thank you for that!
Blasttmann

Post by Blasttmann »

I have accessed RAID Manager on another computer and it tells me that the device is "Rebuilding (59%)". Does that mean that my drive is not failing?
Blasttmann

Post by Blasttmann »

Blasttmann wrote: 08 Jan 2022, 23:50 I have accessed RAID Manager on another computer and it tells me that the device is "Rebuilding (59%)". Does that mean that my drive is not failing?
Also, it seems to be remaining at 59% for a long time.