D5-300 not responding even with HDDs out

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
fred

D5-300 not responding even with HDDs out

Post by fred »

Hi,
I'm using D5-300 since many years with a RAID configuration with satisfaction. I have 7 D5-300, good stuff.
One day, I couldn't reach one of them, with a RAW problem appearing in windows when checking windows disk manager.
I tried to reset the config on the D5-300 by removing all discs but it is not recognized by windows anymore, nor with TM raid manager.

I tried to connect the disk on other PC but same result. Now I can't even see a RAW because it seems that the D5-300 is not even recognized with USB. When I plug it, nothing happens on windows... Since I have many D5-300, I tried by changing cable or charger, but it doesn't work...

What should I do?

Thanks for your help
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300 not responding even with HDDs out

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Please refer to the article for troubleshooting.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2398&p=12970#p12970
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fred

Post by fred »

Hello,
Thanks for your reply, but i can't run check disk since the D5-300 is not recongnized anymore by windows. It became RAW format at the beginning but now when I start it, the 5 HDD lights are green and ON and then after a few seconds, the HDD lights are off and nothing happens on windows.

I tried with another USB-C cable: it doesn't work...

Seems like there's an USB problem?

Should I contact the warranty or is there another step that I have to follow to fix that?

Thanks for your help
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Please contact our tech team for warranty service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)