D5-300 8tb HDD lost name and cannot access

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
webbovich

D5-300 8tb HDD lost name and cannot access

Post by webbovich »

I have two 8tb Seagate Baracudda drives running in my D5-300, in JBOD. Recently, one of the drives dropped its name (that I had given it), and unmounted. I now cannot access the drive, or remount it. I am running latest MacBook Pro M1 and software.

I sent the drive back to the company I purchased it from, for testing. They had no issues and returned it.

I've reinstalled into JBOD, but still unable to mount it, or erase it. I had 7.5tb of data on it.The other drive is still working fine. I have even moved the drives around the box, but no difference; one works, one doesn't.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300 8tb HDD lost name and cannot access

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
1. Did you create JBOD through D5-300, RAID Manager terminal, or JBOD without RAID? If you created a JBOD for 2X_HDD through D5-300, RAID Manager terminal, which is a serial large-capacity JBOD_16TB.

2. If you modify the name of the disk partition, there is no possibility that the data cannot be read unless the original partition file system is damaged.

3. D5-300 supports MacBook Pro M1 itself, so there won't be compatibility issues.

4. If your HDD is damaged, please replace it with a new HDD and use it again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)