D5-300C HDD4 bay blinking red

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
JoaNyb

D5-300C HDD4 bay blinking red

Post by JoaNyb »

Hi,

I recently rebooted by server computer which is a Mac Mini to which I have a D3-500C attached, which, if I remember correctly, I have set up as RAID 5. After rebooting the drive didn't show up anymore and when I checked, the light for HDD4 was blinking while the other drives were blinking even faster. Does this mean that HDD4 i broken, and if so, can I just swap out that drive on the fly and it should start rebuilding?

Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300C HDD4 bay blinking red

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Whether there is any error in your description model?D5-300C does not support RAID 5, and D5-300 model can support RAID 5, please confirm your product model, which can be viewed at the bottom of the product.
If HDD4 fails, please replace it in time. You can replace HDD4 when the device is in normal working condition and perform RAID5 synchronization.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JoaNyb

Post by JoaNyb »

Hi,

Thanks, and sorry, yes, it's a D5-300. So, on the model it means that the HDD4 drive has failed and needs to be replaced? And can this be done on the go, i.e. can the device be powered on and running?

Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
If this indicator is red, the hard drive is damaged and must be replaced.
You can replace HDD when the device is working properly.
This article may be helpful for you.
https://support.terra-master.com/faqs/t ... ng_a_RAID1
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JoaNyb

Post by JoaNyb »

Thank you! But before I go out and buy a new hard drive I wanted to make sure if it is somehow possible that the drive is trying to "repair itself"? The light for HDD4 is not solid red but is in fact blinking red/orange and the other drives are constantly working. Is this normal activity for when a drive has failed or could this be something else?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300 HDD4 bay blinking red

Post by TMSupport »

The preliminary judgment is that the HDD has broken. It is recommended that you remove this HDD and put it on other device for testing to see if it is in good condition.