D2-310 Keeps Disconnecting.

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
Davidious

D2-310 Keeps Disconnecting.

Post by Davidious »

I have my two bay D2-310 plugged into my windows pc and when I initially turn it on it all shows up fine. But then after a while (seemingly a random amount of time) the drive will just disconnect. As if I have pulled the usb out. I have tried buying and using a new usb cable but the same thing happens. I even tried replaceing the hard drives with new ones, same problem. I then tried using the D2-310 on a different pc and the same is happening.

Is there something wrong with the setup or is my unit just faulty?

Thanks!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D2-310 Keeps Disconnecting.

Post by TMroy »

The device fall into sleeping. To avoid sleeping, set your PC to sleep disabled.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Davidious

Post by Davidious »

TMroy wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 23:44 The device fall into sleeping. To avoid sleeping, set your PC to sleep disabled.
How do I Prevent the device falling to sleep? My pc is set not to sleep already. Also the green lights are always on, even after it seems to disconnect.
Davidious

Post by Davidious »

TMroy wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 23:44 The device fall into sleeping. To avoid sleeping, set your PC to sleep disabled.
I figured out how to disable the hard drive sleep. But it hasn't helped. It is like the usb cable has been pulled out. The drive doesnt show in explorer at all.

The only way I can get it to show back up is to actually pull the usb cable out and then plug it back in.

It is disconnecting mid backup. I can't complete a backup at all.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please find the S/N at the bottom of the device and send to us.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Davidious

Post by Davidious »

TMSupport wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 10:25 Please find the S/N at the bottom of the device and send to us.
It's d2-310-180102116
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It is estimated that there is too much dust inside, which causes the SATA interface board to get dirty or the gold finger is oxidized. It is recommended that you disassemble and clean it to see whether it's ok. If the problem cannot be solved, we can offer you some discount to purchase a new device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)