My TerraMaster D5-300 issues, 6 months Data lost

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
ds500

My TerraMaster D5-300 issues, 6 months Data lost

Post by ds500 »

I have a TerraMaster D5-300 with 1 Seagate 8Tb,
I've using it to store my photos/ videos for the last 6 months, no issue at all.

I've just bought another Seagate 8Tb for extra space of storage, and now more issues happened.

When I installed the new one in, copied the files, everything was good. The next day, the new disk name automatically changed back to a letter, and I couldn't access it. Whenever I tried to open it, the system feel slow, and I needed to wait for a little bit for thing came back to normal. And it said "disk corrupted..."

I decided to use the RAID manager software to delete the RAID and created a new one like we need to do when we installed a new disk.
Everything felt like okay again, I tried to copied the photos to test it out again. When I checked back, it was too slow to view photos and browse the files.

The worst thing is, my old disk that I save 6 months of data now just changed into the name of the new disk and it automatically copied all the files (the test files) from the new disk onto it (however I can't open any file). I lost all of my 6 months data that I didn't touch.

Now I don't know what to do with my lost data. So frustrated!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: My TerraMaster D5-300 issues, 6 months Data lost

Post by TMS »

Did you do anything to the old hard drive? You can go to a data recovery company to recover data.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @