D5-300 RAID Manager No device connected!

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
qwerty1323

D5-300 RAID Manager No device connected!

Post by qwerty1323 »

I just purchased a D5-300. Put in 4 hard drives and plugged it in to my Windows computer.

Windows detects the drives and I can see the drives in Windows Disk Management. I can format the individual drives and they show up under Windows explorer.

I'd like to raid the drives. I downloaded and installed RAID Manager version 2.1.8 from the website and when I open it, it says "No devices connected!"

I tried plugging in to a different USB port. I tried restarting the D5-300. I tried restarting the software. I can't get the software to detect the D5-300.

Help!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300 RAID Manager No device connected!

Post by TMS »

Please refer to this link:viewtopic.php?f=67&t=452&hilit=D5+300
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
qwerty1323

Post by qwerty1323 »

I tried disabling Windows Defender and running Raid Manager. Still did not work.

It seems the link you posted is to diagnose when Raid Manager does not detect the drives. But in my case, Raid Manager doesn't detect the device at all. Whether the D5-300 is connected or disconnected, powered on or off, the RAID Manager software just says "No device connected!"

Windows Disk Management can see the drives when it's powered on and connected.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please tell your windows version by return.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
qwerty1323

Post by qwerty1323 »

Windows 10 Pro
version 1909
OS build 18363.1556
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please try to download and install the new RAID manager to see whether it's ok. https://download2.terra-master.com/Terr ... .9_Win.zip
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
qwerty1323

Post by qwerty1323 »

New Raid Manager doesn't fix anything.

I installed Raid Manager on another Windows 10 computer and that worked. So there's a problem with this computer but I don't know what.

Anyway, I got the raid set up and it's working fine now.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It may be the reason that the RAID Manager has been listed as the untrusted installation software. You can Google the instructions and add it to the trusted software on your Win10 Pro to see whether it's ok.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)