D2-310 can not be recognised sometimes

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
phasm

D2-310 can not be recognised sometimes

Post by phasm »

hello there is some problems with my D2-310. I have built a Raid 1 with my two 8TD WD Red Hard disk.
My device will disconnect with my PC sometimes with my PC still running and in this time the device has only a power light on , that means, i can not find this Disk in my PC and in the Device the HDD 1/2 light is off.
Except that, sometimes it will be very slow to open the file of this disk in my PC, when i click the file and i can hear the device begin to run and it will take about 15 -20s till the file is opend. even more, sometimes it will direckt disconnect with my PC.
i have checked my disk and they have no peoblem and thanks for the help :)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D2-310 can not be recognised sometimes

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
You need to provide more information before we can give you detailed troubleshooting.
1. What is the S/N serial number of your product?
2. Are you using Mac OS or Windows 10?
3. Are you using original accessories, power adapters and USB cables
4. Can D2-310 be used normally after restarting in the event of a failure?
5. What format is your RAID1 disk format partition?
6. When a fault occurs, is it normal for you to connect to the D2 using the USB port of another computer?
7. The HDD1/2_LED light of D2 is off, and it seems to have entered a sleep state. When D2 is awakened, does the HDD1/2_LED light turn on?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
phasm

Post by phasm »

hey ! thanks for help and here are the answers
1. the number is : S/N-T200602976
2.i am using Windows 10
3.Yes, all are original
4.Yes, when it is disconnect with my PC with the two HDD lights off, i have to shut the device down and reopen. Then it will restart (at beginning the two HDD lights are orange but later it turns to green)
5.i have only had one Partition for my RAID 1
6.i have not another computer , so sorry i cant not try it :(
7. i am not sure about this question, because when the two HDD lights are off, i cant find my disk on my computer (my computer is always runing) and i dont know waht to do to awake it instead restart the device. but i think when the device turn into a sleep state, the HDD lights will still on but it will not flash ? (i mean, when i am using this disk, the HDD green lights will flash, but when it is not used the green light will stay on but not flash)

thanks for the help :)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

There may be a problem that the hard disk cannot be woken up after hibernation, or Windows 10 and USB drive problems. Please troubleshoot according to the following items.
Tip: In order to avoid data loss caused by your misoperation, please make a backup of your data.
1. Windows10 external USB device hibernation setting. [Control Panel→Power Options→Change Computer Sleep Time→Change Advanced Power Settings] In the advanced settings, select [hard disk→turn off the hard disk after this time, set (minute 0)]
2. For Windows 10 USB driver problems, please go to your computer's official website to download and update the USB driver. USB driver problems may also cause hard disk hibernation and wakeup problems.
3. There may also be a disk partition file system problem. It is recommended to back up the data, and then try to recreate RAID1.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)