Change sleep behavior on D2-310

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
bloodyshogun

Change sleep behavior on D2-310

Post by bloodyshogun »

Hi,

Is it possible to change the sleep behavior on the D2-310.

Aka, I would like to have one external hard drive to never go to sleep, and one external hard drive (backup only) to go to sleep after 10 minutes. And is it possible to change sleep behavior without losing data?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Change sleep behavior on D2-310

Post by TMRyan »

D2-310 go to sleep only when your computer get in hibernation, the device does not control drive spin down separately.

You need to check your computer settings, or your drive firmware, that may be your drive default settings.

You can refer to the following:viewtopic.php?f=67&t=448

By the way, when you talking drive sleep, is the drive indicator still on or it off?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
bloodyshogun

Post by bloodyshogun »

TMRyan,

Thanks for the response. I meant drive spin down. If I understand correctly, D2-310 should pass computer's drive spin down setting to the drives? (asking because not all raid enclosures do so).

I actually don't have the device now. I purchased them when they were first available, but had to return them because the firmware at the time had the same hardware ID and would not allow multiple enclosures to show up on the same computer. But now looking to purchase a new set of storage drives, and coming back to them.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Please refer to the compatibility list to buy drive:https://www.terra-master.com/global/compatibility/
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
bloodyshogun

Post by bloodyshogun »

Hi,

Thanks but I am not inquiring about drive compatibility. I simply want to confirm if the enclosure will pass windows spin down setting to each drive, or would it only spin down when the PC has gone to sleep / hibernation / or turned off.

Earlier I was explaining why I don't have the enclosure. The previous issue (which is now supposed to be fixed in the latest firmware) also is unrelated to drive compatibility.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,

D2-310 is basically a fancy RAID enabled external USB drive, itself comes with the computer system to sleep, you can adjust your own PC, the hard drive will stop spinning when the computer sleeps or shuts down.

In addition,D2-310 comes with a RAID controller, no need to adjust through Windows:
Install the new hard disk to D2-310, connect it to the computer and turn it on, select the RAID mode, press and hold the RESET button for 5 seconds to make the RAID take effect, and then enter the disk management to format the hard disk and use it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Susan

Post by Susan »

bloodyshogun wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 12:23 Hi,

Is it possible to change the sleep behavior on the D2-310.

Aka, I would like to have one external hard drive to never go to sleep, and one external hard drive (backup only) to go to sleep after 10 minutes. And is it possible to change sleep behavior without losing data?
Now I understand you very well. I also had similar problems after installing the game https://richpalms.com/games/latest/ although I used to play without any problems at all. I took it to the service, because the picture was gone, and this game is my life and my earnings. We just changed the video card and something else.