DS2-310 Mac Big Sur Update crashing

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
ineluctable

DS2-310 Mac Big Sur Update crashing

Post by ineluctable »

I have a DS2-310 which I use with a Mac. Since updating the System to Big Sur (11.2.1) when I try to access the hard disks on the Raid, the Mac system crashes. I don’t know if its related to the BIg Sur update, but it is the only thing that has changed that I know about.
ineluctable

Re: DS2-310 Mac Big Sur Update crashing

Post by ineluctable »

PS just wrote that message - forgot to write that I am using an Intel Macbook Pro
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Sorry!
Updating to Big Sur has nothing to do with D2-310, the product can be used normally, maybe your Big Sur is not updated completely or the disk file system cannot be used after the update, you need to contact Mac customer service for more information, we D2- 310 is an ordinary hard disk box device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
ineluctable

Post by ineluctable »

I see all files but when I click on them the system crashes
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

This issue is about your new Big Sur, not about the device. D2-310 is a normal USB device, it works well before your update. You may need to report it to apple team.

Do you have another computer running different OS to test if the device work well?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ineluctable

Post by ineluctable »

Dear Mr. TMRoy, I spent many hours with 5 different Apple tech people yesterday. They had me reinstall Big Sur, do a Harddisk repair, etc. At the end the DS2-310 still is unusuable, and makes my computer system immediately crash. All my other harddisks which I tested work without problem. Apple told me the trash the Terramaster and to buy from a company that updates their units. As far as I can see, there is no update for the DS-310. Have you actually ever tested this and other units with BIg Sur?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I am so sorry to hear that. For sure, we did test D2-310 on Mac running Big Sur, and also test it on Mac come with M1 chip. so far we did not find anything wrong here. Do you have a chance to test on a windows computer? or another mac which has not been updated to Big Sur?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ineluctable

Post by ineluctable »

We don't have access to any Windows computers. But my mac ran some years without any problem with your DS2-310 until I updated. Would one of your new thunderbolt models be any different?