D2-310 Problem: Orange light and green light

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
phasm

D2-310 Problem: Orange light and green light

Post by phasm »

Hello I have a problem with my D2-310
I have had two WD Red 2TB before ( in Raid1 ) for my storage and everything was fine at that time.
Then I have bought two WD Red 8TB and nothing goes wrong at the beginning, I have successfully build a raid 1 and I have transferred some data from my computer since I have received my new hard drives.
About 8 hours later, the HDD 1 light turns orange and the HDD 2 light stays green, they are both flashing all the time. And the whole storage works all the time ( I can hear it is working/turning ) . at this time i can still visit my storage through my computer.
Then i have left it with my PC on and after one night it is still working and the lights are still like i said before, HDD 1 orange and HDD 2green.
But !! now i cant visit my storage it has disappear from my PC and it is still working !!
Is there any way that I can stop that ? Or I have to wait it until it is over ? And like said you have answered before, why it builds a raid 1 after so many hours instead of the moment I connected it to my computer
or is there any problem with my HDD ? but i have checked it online and it happens often .
Thanks for the help
phasm

Re: D2-310 Problem: Orange light and green light

Post by phasm »

it has been whole four days and it is still turning ..... when can it stop ??

AND is there no technic support ? :(
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Your problem is that the RAID1 hard disk is in synchronization. If the synchronization has timed out, it proves that the hard disk synchronization failed.
You can follow the steps below.
1. Check whether the orange hard disk has bad sectors, etc., and backup the RAID1 hard disk to recreate the RAID1 mode.
2. When the device is off, pull the orange hard disk out of the device to turn on the device to ensure that the normal green hard disk can recognize and work normally, and install the original orange hard disk to synchronize again when the device is on.
Note: If the synchronization is not successful in the past 24 hours, please refer to the first step.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
phasm

Post by phasm »

hello thanks for the help
now my storage is still working with HDD1 in orange and HDD2 in green, should i direckt turn it off and check the two drives or wait until it stops ?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Turn off the device, unplug the orange hard disk, then turn on the device, check whether the single disk with the green light can be used normally, and then check whether the orange hard disk has bad sectors?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
phasm

Post by phasm »

hello
i have shut it down and checked the green one works well.
then i have take the orange one back with the green one out ( there was only one orange drive in the storage now )
from my computer shows that i can not reach my data and it writes : i have to insert the correct drive ( i am not sure wheter it shows there is a problem in this drive, because this drive is the back up drive in Raid 1, so, i am not sure whether it can also be readed by the computer )

after that , i have shutted it down again and put the green one back and orange one back the the storage on.
it took me agian one day to synchronization and it works till now...
phasm

Post by phasm »

hello another problem is still here
when i shut it down and open it, the two drives begin to synchronization. and for sometime i can visit my data. but if i dont visit or use this data for some time. it just dissapears from my PC. it seems like it can not correctly get into sleepy mode ?
if i want to visit my data again, i have to shut it down and reopen it ...
AND while i am doing all the things above . the two drives are still synchronization......
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
You should check whether your hard disk is healthy. please refer to this link:viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
Your 2T hard drive can be used normally, maybe you need to replace the hard drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)