D4-300 Problem: USB cable shuts down the unit

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
nemanjan

D4-300 Problem: USB cable shuts down the unit

Post by nemanjan »

Please help! :)

Everything was working fine, until one day I noticed that my unit is powered off for no reason. Now when I power on the unit it seems to be working until I connect USB cable to computer. As soon as I do that it just stops working. HDD's are making that noise like they are trying to start (that clicking noise) but then fans turn off, and off course the unit just "hangs". Partitions don't show in explorer... nothing. I have checked the power cable and measured voltage on it's output, and everything is fine. I am getting 12.2V on its output...

I don't know what to do... I cannot send the unit back to Amazon.co.uk because it will cost me more then the price I payed for the unit itself considering I am not in UK anymore...

I tried using only one HDD, moving it from one port to another (tried all 4 ports... nothing). Tried using 2, or 3 disks at a time, still same thing. I have also tried using different computers, different ports on computer, still same thing happens. As soon as I connect USB cable everything is dead including fans that stop spinning.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: D4-300 Problem: USB cable shuts down the unit

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Is the power adapter you are using original? It is estimated that the power adapter is a problem. The original power adapter is 12V/6A; DC.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D4-300 Problem: USB cable shuts down the unit

Post by TMroy »

Or change a USB cable and try again. Are you using the original cable came with the box?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)