D4-300 Steps for replacing a bad disk

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
imhaas12

D4-300 Steps for replacing a bad disk

Post by imhaas12 »

I have a D4-300 with 4 HDD in a RAID 5 array. One of the disks went bad and needs to be replaced. I can't find any documentation on the best way to replace the disk but maintain the existing data in the array.

1. Should I power everything down, replace the disk and then power things back up?
2. Should I do a "hot swap" and replace the disk with the D4-300 and computer powered up?
3. Something else?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: D4-300 Steps for replacing a bad disk

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
The steps for data recovery are as follows:
1. The device must be powered-on and remain connected to your computer when replacing the faulty hard drive. The capacity of the new hard drive must be greater than or equal to the capacity of the faulty one.
2. After replacement of the faulty hard drive, data will be automatically restored. The time required for data recovery is related to the hard drive capacity, and can range from several hours to dozens of hours. During data recovery, both the device and your computer must remain turned on, however.
3. During data recovery, the indicator on the new hard drive will flash orange.
4. When all hard drive indicators are constantly lit, data recovery is completed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)