Terramaster D4-300 Questions

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
imhaas12

Terramaster D4-300 Questions

Post by imhaas12 »

I own a Terramaster D4-300 with 4 5GB drives. I used the Terramaster Raid Manager software to configure the D4-300 as a RAID 5. I believe one of the disks is bad (solid amber light.) Right now I still have access to all of my files on the D4-300. Two questions.

I moved the D4-300 to a new computer. The new computer doe not have the Terramaster Raid Manger software installed on it and I cannot find a link to download it. How do I get it to install on the new computer?

Is there a procedure that will allow me to swap out the bad drive with out wiping out the data? I can't find one in the manuals.
TMjack
TerraMaster Team

Re: Terramaster D4-300 Questions

Post by TMjack »

Please install on a new computer Terramaster Raid Manager software,
RAID configuration software for Windows OS:
https://download2.terra-master.com/Terr ... or_Win.zip
RAID configuration software for Mac computer:
https://download2.terra-master.com/Terr ... or_Win.zip

Please prepare a new hard disk to repair RAID
If you change the RAID type, the data will be deleted。
imhaas12

Post by imhaas12 »

Things have gotten worse while I was waiting for your reply. The D4-300 is no longer mounting. It is not visible in the Raid Manager or visible in Windows Disk Management or in diskpart (list disk). Right now DIsk 1 LED has been flashing amber for 18 hours and the other three disk LEDs are solid green.

The only thing I did was I powered everything down and pulled out the bad disk to see what type of disk it is to order a replacement. When I booted back up the D4-300 mounted correctly but after about 5 minutes it disappeared and has been undetectable ever since.

When the new disk arrives, what steps do I need to take to repair the array? Do I just hot swap the bad disk with the new one or are there other steps in the process?
imhaas12

Post by imhaas12 »

Further Update. I was able to get the D4-300 to mount again.