D2-310 Fan wiring

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
travail99

D2-310 Fan wiring

Post by travail99 »

I want to replace the 3 pin Yeehon A8025L12S fan with a Noctua NF-A8 80 mm. The Yeehon's wiring is marked with long white stripes on one wire, no marks on another wire, and the third wire is marked with short stripes. The Noctua has black, yellow, and red wires.

I'm going to cut the Yeehon wiring with the proprietary connector and join it to the Noctua wiring. Which wires on the Yeehon corresponds to black, yellow, and red on the Noctua?

Thank you.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D2-310 Fan wiring

Post by TMroy »

what's wrong with the fan? Normally fan is very quiet, by instead, the drive spinning creates more noise.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
travail99

Post by travail99 »

Hi

The fan has become noisy, the product is out of warranty and I use SSDs. Are you able to help with information I requested?

Thank you
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Do you have a meter? You can then check to see the voltages and polarity of the fans wiring.
travail99

Post by travail99 »

Hi Tricky

Yes I do but no experience of using one! Is it just a case of searching YouTube to find out what to do? Will I check the fan’s polarity or the socket on the enclosure? The fan isn’t attached to the unit any more.

Thank you
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I recommand you contact our support to get a new fan from TerraMaster.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

travail99 wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 20:28 Hi Tricky

Yes I do but no experience of using one! Is it just a case of searching YouTube to find out what to do? Will I check the fan’s polarity or the socket on the enclosure? The fan isn’t attached to the unit any more.

Thank you
Basically one wire will be + and one will be - and the other wire is a tachometer feedback that's used to regulate the fan speed however it's easy to get the tach and the - mixed, Have a look online and you should find wire colours etc for ID or at least how to identify with a meter.
travail99

Post by travail99 »

TMroy wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 22:41 I recommand you contact our support to get a new fan from TerraMaster.
Thank you but I already have a new fan so don’t need/want another one. All I asked of terramaster was for clarification of what the non-standard wiring labelling means. Which wire is live, which wire is neutral, and which wire is the tach? It’s not that hard is it?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Ok, will check with the tech team and come back to you soon.
travail99

Post by travail99 »

TMroy wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 23:10 Ok, will check with the tech team and come back to you soon.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Return to “USB Series”