D5-300C works on mac mini m1 but D8 does not??

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
lennybruce

D5-300C works on mac mini m1 but D8 does not??

Post by lennybruce »

I bought a D8 and a d5 this month. they were working perfectly on my macmini (2018)

However, on the new M1 macmini the D8 disks do not show up. However, the D5 disks show up.
I am not using raid it's JBOD. I need to get some answers to this problem so I can either return these units or fix the issue.
I am confused why the older D5 plugged into the D8's extra thunderbolt port works....but the D8 is not working.
Can someone please get back to me? I can't find how to start a support ticket on this site.
Been using TerraMaster trouble-free for years, and I am extremely upset at this lack of support now.
Thank you.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D5-300C works on mac mini m1 but D8 does not??

Post by TMroy »

your D5-300 is a USB deivce, only standard USB driver can drive the device work. But D8 thunderbolt 3 is not a USB device, it is a Thunderbolt 3 device which need a special driver for M1 machine and driver for raid control. As M1 is a newly released machine with ARM64 architecture, at the moment, the driver for ARM64 is not ready for D8 yet.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
lennybruce

Post by lennybruce »

Thank you for the reply. So I guess I have to return the two Terramaster units and buy an OWC which is compatible. that's a shame.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry for that. we will state this information on the product page so that you can know it before you purchasing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Riccardo75

Post by Riccardo75 »

I suppose is the same for D5 Thunderbolt 3, isn't?
When a driver for ARM64 will be relased?
TKS
R.