1U 4 bays DAS Model

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
heujenthro

1U 4 bays DAS Model

Post by heujenthro »

I hope sooner they can produce 1U 4 bays DAS rack model. ;)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: 1U 4 bays DAS Model

Post by TMroy »

heujenthro wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 23:13 I hope sooner they can produce 1U 4 bays DAS rack model. ;)
May I know why you need such a DAS? We have the tower DAS. And what connection interface your prefer? why?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
heujenthro

Post by heujenthro »

TMroy wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 08:30
heujenthro wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 23:13 I hope sooner they can produce 1U 4 bays DAS rack model. ;)
May I know why you need such a DAS? We have the tower DAS. And what connection interface your prefer? why?
1. Tower DAS doesn't the right fit equipment when the setup is on the server rack cabinet.

2. Most of the rack mounted servers has a unused USB 3 on the back of the server. Rather than having another NAS it would be great if there will be a rack mounted 1U DAS.

So having an 1U DAS 4 bay with type C interface and built in power supply could be another new game in data storage server.

Expanded idea:
I would also be great if there will be 2 type C interface or 1 type C & USB 3 for daisy chaining the 1U DAS.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for the explanation!
For a server, the USB DAS is not able to be added into existing storage pool or raid, you can only use them as individual disks, but with a mini SAS port, that could be better solution, am I right?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
heujenthro

Post by heujenthro »

Ahmm, No.

But what i mean is, I hope that there's a 1U DAS version with type C interface.

Simply a 1U rack mounted version of D4-300.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

So you only need four individual disks for your rack mount server? This is the point I didn’t get.
Before we can release a new model, we will need to understand who is its customers. Thank you!
heujenthro

Post by heujenthro »

TMroy wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 19:10So you only need four individual disks for your rack mount server? This is the point I didn’t get.
Yes, I need four individual disk for a rack mount server.
TMroy wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 19:10Before we can release a new model, we will need to understand who is its customers. Thank you!
Yes, I understand that you want to know the market or who are the customers before releasing a new model. So i did some research, that most of the rack servers has a separate equipment of NAS server connected to the lan network.

Another best solution is, to have a rack mount four individual disk DAS connected to the server using type C/USB 3 interface.
Another added feature is TerraMaster DAS can daisy chain another rack mount TerraMaster DAS.

In this way we can add more data storage directly to the server using the rack mount TerraMaster DAS.
Attachments
RakMount-DAS.jpg
RakMount-DAS.jpg (21.1 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you very much! I will talk to the product team and keep you updated.
heujenthro

Post by heujenthro »

I hope this make happen. ;)

Also, I'll try to develop apps or software for your NAS products.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

May I know what kind of app you plan to develop for our TNAS?