1U 4 bays DAS Model

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
heujenthro

Re: 1U 4 bays DAS Model

Post by heujenthro »

First, I just want you to know that I'm a software developer. I do make applications for desktop, mobile, and servers side software.

I'm planning to develop an open-source web-based NAS management software. Currently, the TerraMaster OS (TOS) is very similar to Synology DSM.
So it might be a good thing to develop a web-based NAS management software for TNAS the is modern and very friendly user interface that has all existing feature, which also you can add plugins, modules, APIs, and libraries.

For a mobile app, there are might be two different apps for File browsing and TNAS management.

Currently, I don't have a TerraMaster product that I can use, as soon as I can have one I will start the development of TNAS software so I can also test the capabilities of the equipment.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sound great! you can buy one TerraMaster NAS, as soon as you release such a app which good to other users, we can refund your purchase.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
heujenthro

Post by heujenthro »

Cool! I'll send you an updates or post it here in the TM Official Forum after I bought your NAS product and test a new software for TNAS and I'll release it so everyone can use it and give some feedback.

Thanks a lot, hope the rack mount 4 bays DAS model happen. :)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

By the way, a 4 bay Rack mount DAS with internal power adapter will be much more expensive on cost compare to current D4-300 model, the end customer price could be about US$ 360~380. Do you think such cost is accaptable for most customers?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
heujenthro

Post by heujenthro »

TMroy wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 18:02 By the way, a 4 bay Rack mount DAS with internal power adapter will be much more expensive on cost compare to current D4-300 model, the end customer price could be about US$ 360~380. Do you think such cost is accaptable for most customers?
I don't think that would be great, at that price range you can buy a NAS server that has onboard computer on it.

On technical perspective, rack mount DAS might has same feature with D4-300.
The only difference is, it is a rack mount form factor and has internal power supply.

If i'm the hardware engineer, I would simply put the external power adapter inside the case and put a power connector/plug to reduce production cost.

For the cost of 4 bay Rack mount DAS with internal power supply, I would suggest it should range from $280 to $350 targeting those customers on small business to even enterprise level. For sure, based on my research, you'll get high customer demand and you'll be pioneering for this type of DAS model given that the type c or thunderbolt interface technology is a lot more faster.

Here's sample power supply connector. See attached image.
Attachments
42-053_01.jpg
42-053_01.jpg (11.98 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}heujenthro
I found something you might be interested in. https://www.datoptic.com/ec/1u-esata-us ... -raid.html