D5-300 Copying slows, halts, then crashes the computer

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
jonmgreen

D5-300 Copying slows, halts, then crashes the computer

Post by jonmgreen » 08 Dec 2020, 05:42

Hello,

I just purchased the D5-300 with 5 WD 8TB Red drives.
I went through the configuration process as described, the drive was all setup fine.
I started to copy files, it was going very fast, then it slowed down, eventually pauses copying, then a few minutes later the entire computer crashes and restarts.

I'm running a 16" MacBook Pro on Catalina, 10.15.7
I'm using the original cable with the Apple USB A to USB C adapter, and I've seen no issues with it and other drives. No other external drives cause this issue.

TMzethar
Customer Service

Re: D5-300 Copying slows, halts, then crashes the computer

Post by TMzethar » 08 Dec 2020, 22:09

Can you let us know from which device you copied to which device. Are your other devices also high-speed transmission devices? Does your Mac ever have problems with high-speed transmission? Of course this is just a guess, but it would be nice if you could try it out with some other high-speed transmission device. Also, are you using an original power source and an ac environment that meets the requirements?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

daisie678

Re: D5-300 Copying slows, halts, then crashes the computer

Post by daisie678 » 23 Feb 2021, 19:30

Maybe your older device doesn't support fast data transfer, I recently bought the same model SSD from an online store by using a Computer Accessories Coupon and it works perfectly on my system.