D4-300 RAID unit and Linux

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
ncpl

D4-300 RAID unit and Linux

Post by ncpl »

I have a D4-300 with 4x6TB in RAID 0. Has been working really well for a few years connected to a Roon music core running on a NUC/win10.

I recently moved the Roon music core onto a NUC/Linux platform. However, the DAS is just not visible to the NUC. I have a few questions that I hope might clarify what (if anything) I might be able to do.

1) Is the D3-400 Raid unit just not compatible with a Linux-based platform no matter what ?

2) Does the Linux unit need a specific driver to be able to access the DAS? If so, is that available?

3) Is there a config of the DAS RAID that would be compatible e.g. JBOD? (clutching at straws I know)

4) Is the latest D4-300 unit compatible? Linux is listed on the spec but I'd rather not purchase another just to find out it still requires a driver in the unit it attaches to.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ncpl

Re: D4-300 RAID unit and Linux

Post by ncpl »

Any clues at all for using the D4-300 RAID with a LINUX OS NUC ?

Is this just a no-no or is there anything I can do?

Appreciate any info you have.

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Your model number confused me, please check again and tell me the correct model number.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ncpl

Post by ncpl »

I am correct with the model number. It is about 4+ years since I purchased it. Have only used it with a Win10 NUC until recently.

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0HHJtOpq ... wpuB8U72TQ
Here is a pic of the sticker on the underside of the unit. I have the original box also.

Serial number is D4300-160601680
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I see now. I just checked with our tech team, as this is a very old model, I did not know such model exists. Sorry for that.
To use a DAS on a Linux compter, you don't need to install a extra driver or software, you don't even need to modify your RAID configuration. If your Linux working well, you just plug and play. If the device does not work on your Linux computer, please check all if the linux system or USB port of your computer working well.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)