D5-300C disconnecting when exporting in DxO Photolab

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
sybarix

D5-300C disconnecting when exporting in DxO Photolab

Post by sybarix »

D5-300C in non-raid mode disconnects whenever I export a photo in DxO Photolab 5. This happens regardless of whether Photolab is using the DAS drive or not (i.e. the disconnection happens even if Photolab is not accessing a DAS drive). A video of this is shown here (https://streamable.com/z9wrn2). Other USB devices (including USB storage drives) are not affected by this.
sybarix

Re: D5-300C disconnecting when exporting in DxO Photolab

Post by sybarix »

Recently, the DAS has also been disconnecting when moving large files between DAS drives.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Are all HDDs in D5-300C disconnected, or is one of HDDs disconnected?
1. If all HDDs are disconnected, please troubleshoot USB contact problems, such as whether to use the original USB cable, and try to change the computer USB interface.

2. If one of HDDs has a disconnection problem, please try to replace the corresponding HDD.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sybarix

Post by sybarix »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Whenever the disconnection happens, all 4 drives in the DAS are affected. I have tried swapping cables and usb ports, but the problem persists. I have also tried each individual drive one-by-one, but the disconnection still happens. I have also updated my motherboard chipset driver, but no effect either.
sybarix

Post by sybarix »

A further update: The disconnection does not happen when the DAS is connected to a USB hub, but happens when it is connected directly to my motherboard. Behavior is consistent. I will be able to use it without issue since my hub is capable of high speed usb, but I will leave my hardware details here in case anyone runs into a similar issue or if Terramaster wants to troubleshoot. Please let me know if you require more details.

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
USB hub: AmazonBasics USB-A 3.1 10-Port Hub with Power Adapter - 65W Powered (20V/3.25A), Silver
gdesfarges

Post by gdesfarges »

Same issue here, when i make a big transfer on the disk 5 all disk disconnect

I made a return