TD2 - Dead on arrival

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
subhajit_dasgupta

TD2 - Dead on arrival

Post by subhajit_dasgupta »

I received my new TD2 unit today. Inserting two SSD's, I found that the two LED's were red, steadily. Resetting the unit with the pin did not help. I tried the same procedure with two other drives and got the same result. Finally, I checked the drives with a USB enclosure, and all four of them were fine.

FWIW, the DisplayPort is working, as are the two thunderbolt ports. It's just the core functionality (ability to use drives) that's not working.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TD2 - Dead on arrival

Post by TMSupport »

What's your computer's system, Mac or Windows? Did you install Thunderbolt 3 Driver on your Windows?
Please install Thunderbolt 3 Driver first, and try the following steps:
Rotate the switch’s pointer to SINGLE mode;

Press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds (until the HDD indicators turn to red from green);

After about 3 seconds, the HDD indicators will turn to green from red. At this point, rotate the switch’s pointer to your desired RAID mode;

Press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds (until the HDD indicators turn to red from green);

After about 3 seconds, the HDD indicators will turn to green from red. This indicates that RAID creation is complete.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

subhajit_dasgupta wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 09:25 I received my new TD2 unit today. Inserting two SSD's, I found that the two LED's were red,
The device is not dead, you may not install proper thunderbolt 3 driver or the raid configuration not well set.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
subhajit_dasgupta

Post by subhajit_dasgupta »

TMSupport wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 14:55 What's your computer's system, Mac or Windows? Did you install Thunderbolt 3 Driver on your Windows?
Please install Thunderbolt 3 Driver first, and try the following steps:
Rotate the switch’s pointer to SINGLE mode;

After about 3 seconds, the HDD indicators will turn to green from red. At this point, rotate the switch’s pointer to your desired RAID mode;

After about 3 seconds, the HDD indicators will turn to green from red. This indicates that RAID creation is complete.
Thank you, following these steps worked. As it happens, I am on Mac. No driver is required for Mac, correct? It appears to work without any drivers, but performance in RAID0 is below the advertized numbers. Again, thanks.