Is Device D.O.A.? : Device "always red"; fails to initialize.. [TD2]

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
J_Dash

Is Device D.O.A.? : Device "always red"; fails to initialize.. [TD2]

Post by J_Dash »

Hi,
so I'd received a TD2 Thunderbolt 3 (device) this afternoon along with a fresh fair of compatible barracuda hdd's from seagate, however the device seems to have failed an initialization of the hdd install..?

I'm consfused; the device's hdd indicator displays itself as 'always red' regardless of single (default) RAID reset scenario, alternating between RAID's\reset actions & whether or not the hdd's are directly attached or removed from enclosure.
I've looked around at various suggestions for troubleshooting, here, & found no direct examples describing this issue, so I thought I'd drop a line to see if I could get some assistance.

I understand that the device's hdd indicator should stop displaying a red indication if the hdd's have been removed & a reset (5-10 secs) is initialized. I report that the device does not cease to display the red notification regardless of setting.

Thanks in advance.....
J.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Is Device D.O.A.? : Device "always red"; fails to initialize.. [TD2]

Post by TMroy »

It seems you didn’t connect the device to a Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer. Please make sure you have Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer and the Thunderbolt 3 driver is ready.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
J_Dash

Post by J_Dash »

This is an accurate assessment, however I have attempted to initialize the device while waiting for a new motherboard to arrive in the mail. I do have a thunderbolt 3 PCIe card that has already arrived on standby, but I assume that without it's motherboard header it may fail to register. Thank you for the information, I'll give it another go when I have more things to attach it to, cheers.

J.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hopefully your device will work well.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)