d5-330 can't relogin in Raid manager pro and USB?

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
piledriver

d5-330 can't relogin in Raid manager pro and USB?

Post by piledriver »

Hello,

I was able to successfully login with the default account, username "RAID" and password "hpt". It worked once. I was able to create a raid5 array and since i can't login at all using the same user name and password. I didn't change the default password or user name. A small windows appear written "Localhost: 7402 Login failed. Make sure that CAPS Lock key is not accidently on, your account is not disabled, and your password is not expired."

The drive still work and i can still access the data although for the life of me, windows doesn't want to disconnect it properly using windows 11 safe disconnect even after a reboot. Usb drive are finicky but they always eject after a reboot for me.

Also, there is a usb connection in the back but it doesn't appear when connected by usb. How do i use that function?

Further more, i see no way to put back the factory default in the unit. I am aware that would likely nuke the data but i am quite worried to have a unit that i can't seem to access the control anymore.

Thank you for your time.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: d5-330 can't relogin in Raid manager pro and USB?

Post by TMRyan »

RAID Manager Pro user name "RAID" and password "hpt", are the default, you can change, if you forget the password, you can uninstall and reinstall.
The D5-330 does not support USB connection, only Lightning interface connection will work.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
piledriver

Post by piledriver »

Why would there be a USB port on the enclosure if it do nothing?

I am unsure what you mean by uninstall and reinstall. If you are talking about RAID manager pro, I already uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. The default password and username gave me the message i wrote in my first message. After power down and restarting the enclosure, it came back after a while.
To repeat myself, i did not change the default password or username. I reinstalled the application and it still doesn't let me log in with default username and password which i didn't change.

That also a pretty weird answer if the password and username are written in the memory of the enclosure itself since it would be a safety hole and would make having a password on the unit pretty useless.

I was able to log in and setup my enclosure with my desktop so yes so i believe that show that i did install the driver and was able to log in with RAID manager pro. I tried the same steps with my laptop that also have thunderbolt and no luck either.

Do note that i unplugged it while it was powered on since it wouldn't safely disconnect. I noted it was a pretty bad idea since it i had to power down the array and power it up for it to be available again.
piledriver

Post by piledriver »

{L_BUTTON_AT}piledriver
Sorry for double posting but i can't seem to find the edit function. I wanted to say that if the password and username was written in the enclosure(and IF I had changed it) and the security was done properly, reinstalling the software alone shouldn't change the password and username that the enclosure remember since it would be written in the enclosure. If the password and username are stored on the computer side, that seem rather pointless to bother with one to begin with. Is there any way to put back the enclosure to factory default condition?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

If you want to restore the factory settings and use it again, please back up the data in the hard disk first; then check whether the hard disk is faulty and eliminate the hard disk problem; check whether the Thunderbolt driver is the latest; and then follow the steps in the user guide to use again,
the user guide:
https://support.terra-master.com/quickg ... lt3&page=2
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
piledriver

Post by piledriver »

I seem to repeat myself a lot here. The manual you give me have no information about resetting the unit itself to factory state. By that i mean erasing all the array configuration, options and, especially, the user name and password. It's impossible to me because i am locked up of the control of the unit.

I did all the step of the manual once and was able to have a working raid5 array. I was not able to disconnect the unit safely for whatever reason so i disconnected it from the computer and it acted funky until i powered down the D5 and powered it up again. Then i tried to log it inside to make sure it's ok. Then i noted that i can't connect anymore through Raid manager to change the parameters in the box.

Certainly, the unit record parameters that can be changed by the user like the raid configuration. Otherwise my laptop would not have seen the content on the array that i configured with my desktop. How do i reset those parameters if i can't actually login despite having done the step of this manual correctly?

I feel like i get cookie cutter answers are. To repeat myself, i did those step correctly and the unit function in Raid5 just fine. I already wrote two terabytes of data on it to test so the drive are likely working without issue. Certainly you had planned a way to recover the control of a unit if the setting saved inside the box get corrupted of if the user forget his password, right? Can you please point my to that procedure and not merely the first setup which i already did.

Thank you for your assistance.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}piledriver

The rear USB Host interface of D5-330 is used to connect external mobile hard disk boxes and other devices, and cannot be connected to PC.

Need to confirm which situation you are encountering 1/2:
1. The D5-330 device can read hard disk data normally, but Raid Manager Pro cannot log in.
In this case, some running applications may be disabled by the system during the Raid Manager Pro installation process. You need to manually enter the installation package and start it manually (hptsvr.exe file)
2. The D5-330 device cannot read data, the hard disk cannot be recognized, and Raid Manager Pro cannot be logged in.
This failure phenomenon may be that the PC is not connected to the D5-330 device, and you need to troubleshoot the connection between the PC and the D5-330.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)