Daisy-chaining two TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
JPV

Daisy-chaining two TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus

Post by JPV »

Hi !

I just bought two TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus.

Using a PC running W10, the first TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus is working fine (SINGLE mode) using thunderbolt cable between PC and lower thunderbolt connector.

Doing the same with the second TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus works fine also.

Now I want to daisy-chaining my first TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus to the second one.
I use a thunderbolt cable to connect the upper TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus connector of the first TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus to the lower thunderbolt connector of the second TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus.

The second TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus is not seen by W10.
How to proceed to do daisy-chaining two TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus ?
Do I have to use a specific software with Windows 10 in order to access to the second TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus ?

Thanks for your help.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Daisy-chaining two TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus

Post by TMSupport »

Please refer to the picture for how to connect.

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JPV

Re: Daisy-chaining two TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus

Post by JPV »

Many thanks for your answer.

In fact, it is the connection I did.

But I was wrong regarding the Thunderbolt 3 port to be used onto my Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop.
There are two Thunderbolt 3 on the left side of the Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop. Oon the right side, it is USB 3 only.

When connecting the TD2 Thunderbolt 3 Plus to the proper Thunderbolt 3 port on my Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop, it works fine and the daisy-chaining also through my two TD2 Thunderbolt 3 Plus.

My next step will be to chain two monitors (Asus ProArt series) from the first TD2 Thunderbolt 3 Plus.