My T2 thunderbolt 3 prevent my MacBook M1 Pro from sleep and sometimes crash my

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
mrpartyhut

My T2 thunderbolt 3 prevent my MacBook M1 Pro from sleep and sometimes crash my

Post by mrpartyhut »

Hi,
When I press sleep or I close the lid of my MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro (MacOS Ventura), suddenly the MacBook wake up and doesn’t want to go to sleep.
I noticed also another problem: when I unmount the T2 thunderbolt 3 device, my Mac freezes and restart itself, telling me that there was a problem 😩 I’m very disappointed

What can I do?

Today I want to try also the clamshell function of my Mac, because I really need to use an external monitor with the MacBook display closed down, and I want to see if this Terramaster permit this feature without problems.

Thanks in advance
Marco M.
Charlie_Croker

Re: My T2 thunderbolt 3 prevent my MacBook M1 Pro from sleep and sometimes crash my

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Have you got put HDD to sleep enabled?

For macOS, go to "System Preferences" > "Battery (Power Adapters/Energy Saver)". Then uncheck "Put hard disks to sleep when possible " and set "Turn display off after this time period" to "Never".
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: My T2 thunderbolt 3 prevent my MacBook M1 Pro from sleep and sometimes crash my

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mrpartyhut

One of your app keep reading or writing the drives, because of some reasons, the app does not have respond from the drives, that means the drives are occupied by one or more apps on your Mac. please make sure all your apps are quit, and your drives are healthy and responsive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)