RAID Critical and Unable to REBUILD

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
walksonair

RAID Critical and Unable to REBUILD

Post by walksonair »

Please help me understand what is going on with my RAID: it is reporting that it is in critical state and whenever I click REBUILD it quickly fails. Attached are screenshots...
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 10.25.18.png
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 10.25.08.png
Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 10.24.42.png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: RAID Critical and Unable to REBUILD

Post by TMroy »

Your hard drive may be faulty, before you can rebuild the RAID, you need to replace the failed hard drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
walksonair

Post by walksonair »

This is going to be my 4th hard drive in this slot. Can you please help me obtain warranty service for this enclosure?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

So please contact our service team for warranty service. you can find the email address from my signature.
But by the way, the enclosure will not able to create bad sectors to your drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
walksonair

Post by walksonair »

I agree the bad sectors may not be created by the enclosure itself but wouldn't you also agree that it seems odd that any new drive put into slot 1 is being shown as bad? These are new drives with no bad sectors to begin with. Then they start getting an increasing count and only in bay 1. As a test, I swapped bay 3 drive with bay 1 and same thing occurred.
DMcPhee

Post by DMcPhee »

Any luck figuring this out. I'm having the exact same issue. Got my TerraMaster yesterday and it keeps failing in bay 1. I've tried multiple drive in bay one and they all fail.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

What is the device model? Hard drive model and capacity? Failure means that the hard disk cannot be recognized?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)